digital marketing overview

digital marketing overview
Hi, my name is Kunal and I am currently pursuing a course in digital marketing. I have just started this and am very new to this course so, I just have very basic knowledge about it. But, I would still love to share my knowledge and experience about it till now. In less than a month I realized the importance and how amazing this course is. It is very knowledgeable and interesting and in just 2-3 months, it teaches a lot about how to promote and sell a product through the services available over the Internet.

After school, I got enrolled in a B. Com. course from Delhi University(DU), which is totally from non-IT background. After graduating when I was searching for career options I couldn’t find any interesting options. It was then, when my sister suggested trying this course of 'Digital Marketing'. Initially I was very reluctant as it wasn’t related to my background in any way. As, it was new to me and the field related to computers always intrigued me, I started some research on my end (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_marketing ). I looked for what this course is about, what career options it would give me, will having a commerce background be disadvantageous for me and more. At, the end I realized that pursuing this 2-3-month long course would be an investment for me and could turn to give me a life time opportunity. Thereafter I was confident to continue with this career.

Today is the time for digital world, where people are buying-selling goods from grocery to cars, houses using this online Internet tool. Our, honorable prime minister has taken the initiative to digitalize India which opens many gates for a digital marketer and will also help me prosper in this field by giving lots of job options. A basic course on Digital Marketing would consist of preparation for seven certificates from Google and one each from Facebook and Twitter. So, accordingly based on some of my basic preferences like location and timings I started my research on institutes which would give me the best package. After researching and making some important decisions I found the place for me.
Now, you must be interested in knowing more about what I have learned in this course and my personal experience. So, let me start by explaining more about what ‘Digital Marketing' is. Well, in basic layman terms, it can be described as the ‘set of techniques and technologies used to promote brands, products and services to the consumers over a range of online channels’. Adding to this, it is also called as the technique we use to promote our product or services online by using digital equipment like mobiles phones, tablets, laptops, computers. There are 2 terms which people get confused with Digital marketing and Internet marketing. As far as what I have understood the basic difference is that in Internet Marketing we do not use digital equipment and once we start using these equipment, it is no longer Internet Marketing but digital marketing. The course is divided into certain modules which help us to understand the various techniques in details. They are namely: - Digital Marketing overview, website design without coding (this is useful for all as you would not need any technical background), e-mail marketing, search engine optimization and last search engine marketing.
To know if this course was useful for me, well you will have to wait for another 2-3 months. Until then see you again…

Comments

  1. hey admin

    Computerized showcasing includes, much more, jobs and abilities than advertising ever previously, and it's this adaptable, flexible nature of the business that makes it so captivating. Here are some broad zones that an advanced advertising proficient will probably address during their preparation or vocation

    Regards


    Anurag

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment